"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/7/17

Layette Set #21 for KnitWits

Another set finished. This set is obviously for a boy.



The Cardigan

I wanted to do something different. I wanted to make a little cardigan in the style of a letterman's jacket. This is what I came up with.



PatternLittle Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith

Size made: 6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Denim

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Light green

Needles: U.S. size  7 circulars

Started: May 2, 2017
Finished: May 18, 2017

Comments:  I used the Little Coffee Bean Cardigan for my basic pattern. I had to use Intarsia in order to make this little cardi. It's been awhile since I've done Intarsia. Glad to know I still know how. I did 2 by 2 rib for the welt, cuffs, and button bands because that's what the pattern said, but I wish I'd done 1 by 1 rib instead. The stripes would look better. Other than that, I'm very pleased with how it came out.

I love the buttons. I found them at Joann's. So appropriate for a sporty type of garment.



All in all, I think it turned out pretty good.



The Hat

With the cuffs and whatnot being striped, I wanted to incorporate that into the hat so it would match. I also wanted something a little more masculine looking. I decided to do 2 by 2 rib. I winged this one. No pattern involved. Just my brain.



Pattern: I winged it.

Size made: 6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Denim

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Light green

Needles: U.S. size  7 circulars

Started: May 20, 2017
Finished: May 23, 2017

The Booties

Used the same pattern I always use. Just made the cuff 2 by 2 rib instead of what I usually do.



PatternSeamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss

Size made: 6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Denim

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Light green

Needles: U.S. size  7 circulars

Started: May 23, 2017
Finished: May 30, 2017



Blanket



Pattern: None

Size made: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Denim

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted weight
Color: Light green

Hook: U.S. size G

Started: June 1, 2017
Finished: June 2, 2017



Close up of edging. It's 2 rows of Sc, Ch 2. One row of Dc in next 2 sts, sk 1 st. Pretty straight forward. I started out doing a Dc in every stitch, but the Supersaver is thicker yarn than the Pound of Love, so it got ruffled. Skipping one stitch fixed that.

I'm thinking about keeping this one to enter in the fair.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment