"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/31/17

Asa Willow Park

Good things have been happening the past 24 hours. First of all this box arrived.



My new doll had arrived. Introducing Asa Willow Park, my second Iplehouse JID doll.



She has such a pretty face. She came with pale blue eyes.



I put this dress on her that I knit a few weeks ago. This pink looks pretty good on her.



She has what is called Normal colored skin. I like how pale she is. She is my little Japanese girl.



I have bought a pattern for making her a kimono and ordered some silk yesterday. I think I'll try brown eyes on her. I love the blue eyes, but not necessarily for her. The hard part is remembering where I put my doll eyes. Hmm.



The second great thing that has happened is I got a picture of my baby flowering Crabapple. She is in full bloom. This picture does not do her justice. She's pale pink. She's a happy tree. This is the prettiest flowering she's had thus far.



I took down all the little fences I had around my baby trees a few weeks ago and I can't believe how fast the trees are growing and spreading out now. They are happy to be free. I am happy to have a fenced back yard so I could take the little fences down.

The third happy thing that has happened is we are on the roofers schedule to get a new roof for our house. HURRAY! Our roof needs replacing. It's 25 years old and leaking. Earlier this month I called local roofers for estimates. I've hired Mountain States Roofing. The owner, Rich, really impressed me, and the estimate was way lower than I was expecting. He also was highly recommended by a friend he did a roof for last year. He will start working on our roof on June 22nd. That will be the day after we return from visiting my daughter and her husband. We are getting a metal roof so we won't have to go up and shovel snow anymore. It will just slide off. My Sweet Hubby is getting too old to be getting up on the roof.

It's gonna be a busy summer.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment